Today@Dal» Go to news main
Teaching Assistant Posting ‑ School for Resource and Environmental Studies
TEACHING ASSISTANT POSTING
Halifax, Nova Scotia
NOTE: This is a re-posting. Deadline has been extended to August 10, 2017.
POSTING DATE: 5 July 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 21 July 2017
POSITION: Teaching Assistant September-December 2017
DEPARTMENT/LOCATION: School for Resource and Environmental Studies
PAY RATE: As per collective agreement, (approx. 65 hours)
WORK ASSIGNMENT: The Teaching Assistant will assist with ENVI5507 – Environmental Informatics / INFO6681 – Geospatial Information Management. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and instruct lab sessions
- Grade tutorial assignments and assignments
- Maintain updated electronic records of student progress
REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION: ENVI5507 / INFO6681 is a cross-listed, graduate-level course in the Master of Resource and Environmental Management / Master of Library and Information Studies program. Lab sessions will focus on GIS, data classification, and spreadsheets, with a focus on environmental (and information) management problems. Therefore, preference will go to students who have formal course work and experience in GIS, Environmental Informatics, Information Management, and/or Landscape Ecology. Previous teaching assistant experience in environmental studies or environmental geography will also be considered an asset. Additionally, the Teaching Assistant will require recent experience with software used in the labs including ArcGIS and Microsoft Excel.
If you are interested in the above position, please submit a letter and resume by the application deadline to (only electronic applications will be accepted):
Professor Jennifer Grek Martin
School of Information Management
All offers of employment are conditional upon sufficient student enrolment in the course and approval by the University.
Dalhousie University is an Employment Equity/Affirmative Action employer.
The University encourages applications from qualified Aboriginal peoples, persons with a disability, racially visible persons and women.
- Teaching Assistant Postings ‑ Environmental Science, Faculty of Science
- Instructor Postings ‑ Department of Chemistry
- Last chance to get your tickets to the 20th annual African Nova Scotian Music Association awards show
- Job Postings
- Instructor Posting ‑ Department of Earth Sciences
- Get creative and enter the 2019 Science As Art Photo Competition
- Call for alumni volunteer opportunities
- Winter 2018 Computer Application Courses