Today@Dal» Go to news main
Reminder: Brightspace update, introducing "Daylight"
Starting the first week of August, you’ll notice a new look and feel for Brightspace. Your common workflows and the way you use Brightspace tools aren’t changing, but you will notice some positive interface changes. These changes are designed to make the experience more consistent and visually appealing for students.
The new look includes a cleaner interface, new fonts and updated icons.
The new user interface, called Daylight, was built with a responsive design. This means that it adapts to different screen sizes and looks great on laptops, tablets and smartphones so that Brightspace is more accessible on more devices.
Some of the changes include:
• Simplified navigation design that is responsive for smaller devices
• Wider page layout for your content so that it’s the focal point of the page
• New fonts, icons, colours and simpler formatting of widgets provide a consistent experience
• Responsive homepage layout that works best with two columns
• New ‘My Courses’ widget featuring rich photography in a responsive, tile-based layout
• New image library with over 3,000 images that you can choose from for new course tiles
You can continue to develop your courses for fall 2017 — no action is needed on your end. Summer courses that are currently in progress will see the new interface when it goes live. The Brightspace tools will automatically adjust to the new layout when it goes live in August.
Technical questions? Contact Academic Technology Services (ATS) in the Dalhousie Libraries:email@example.com or at (902)494-3456.
Other questions? Contact Marc Comeau, Director of Academic Technology Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chinese Embassy
- Participants for Sleep Education Focus Group Study
- Job Postings
- "Dalhousie University: A 200th Anniversary Portrait" ‑ Pre‑order offer for faculty and staff
- Last chance: Have your say about the Dalhousie University Club
- Nomination deadline extended to April 16 for President's Award for the Advancement of Equity, Diversity and Inclusiveness (EDI)
- Part‑Time Academic Postings ‑ International Development Studies
- EPass program Spring roll out