Today@Dal» Go to news main
Part‑Time Academic Postings ‑ School of Health and Human Performance
Part-time Academic Positions 2017/2018
Posting Date: July 31, 2017
Application Deadline: August 11, 2017
Position: For a detailed description of each course please refer to the course outline in our 2017/2018 academic calendar: http://ug.cal.dal.ca/HAHP.htm
Part-time academic positions - Fall Term 2017/2018
1. HPRO 1000 (Introduction to Health, Health Promotion and Health Professions) Class is scheduled T, R 11:35 – 12:55 (subject to change)
2. HPRO 2255 (Drugs and Drug Education) Class is scheduled T 18:35-21:25 (subject to change)
3. KINE 3440 (Sensory and Motor Function) Class is scheduled T, R 10:05-11:25 (subject to change)
4. KINE 4705/5572 (Senior Seminar: Advanced Motor Control) Class is scheduled M 14:35-17:25 (subject to change)
5. LEIS 2384 (Leisure and Persons with a Disability) Class is scheduled T, R 11:35-12:55 (subject to change)
6. LEIS 3492 (Leisure counselling for health and well-being) Class is scheduled T,R,F 10:35-11:25
Part-time academic positions - Winter Term 2017/2018
1. HPRO 3351 (Injury Prevention and Safety Education) Class is scheduled F 08:35 – 11.25 (subject to change)
2. KINE 2465 (Introduction to Biomechanics) Class is scheduled T,R 8:35-9:55 (subject to change)
3. KINE 3320 (Anatomical basis of human movement) Class is scheduled M, W, F 9:35-10:25 (Subject to change)
4. KINE 3430 (Principles of Skill Acquisition) Class is scheduled T, R 11:35-12:55 (subject to change)
5. KINE 4701 (Senior Seminar – Strength Training High Performance Sports) Class is scheduled W 14:35 – 17:25 (subject to change)
6. LEIS 3370 (Recreation Facility Design and Operations Management) Class is scheduled T,R 13:05 – 14:25 (subject to change)
Department/Location: School of Health and Human Performance
Pay Rate: In accordance with CUPE Collective Agreementhttp://www.dal.ca/content/dam/dalhousie/pdf/hr/Academic-Staff-Relations/CUPE-3912-Collective-Agreement-2012-2016.pdf
Work Assignment: The successful applicant is responsible for all aspects of teaching, grading and administration of the class including planning and directing classroom-based activities, marking assignments and providing tutorial support to the students as required during the Fall and Winter terms.
Requirements of Position: Graduate degree in Kinesiology, Health Promotion or Recreation and Leisure Studies with demonstrated teaching ability preferred.
If you are interested in any of the above positions, please apply in writing by the application deadline to:
6230 South St.
PO Box 15000
Halifax, NS, B3H 4R2
Phone: 902 494-1197
Fax: 902 494-5120
All offers of employment as a part-time academic are conditional upon sufficient student enrolment in the course and approval by the University.
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Aboriginal people, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and all qualified candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit www.dal.ca/respect.
- Teaching Assistant Posting ‑ Bachelor of Management
- To Tell Dalhousie's Story: Speak a Poem Insurgent / Sound a Piano Insolent!
- Job Postings
- Fitness Centre Driveway
- Research Bootcamp for RAs, TAs, & grad students
- Senior Instructor Position ‑ School of Health Administration/Schulich School of Law
- Aligning your goals and priorities
- This week's specials at the Dal UClub