Today@Dal» Go to news main
Teaching Assistant Posting ‑ Gender and Women's Studies
POSTING DATE: 17 July 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 27 July 2017
1 POSITION: Teaching Assistant (TA 90), GWST 1010 (Fall Term 2017)
DEPARTMENT/LOCATION: Gender and Women’s Studies
PAY RATE: As per CUPE Collective Agreement (90 hours)
WORK ASSIGNMENT: The Teaching Assistant will assist with Introduction to Gender and Women’s Studies (GWST 1010.03).
Duties include but are not limited to: Attending the class (Mondays and Wednesdays, 14:35-15:55), marking student assignments, and assisting students with course requirements.
REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION: An undergraduate degree in Women's Studies or Gender Studies or in a related field and/or graduate work in Women's Studies or Gender Studies or in a related field. Good interpersonal skills. Strong essay writing skills and the ability to give reliable grammar and composition advice. Experience in community/political activism will be an asset.
If you are interested in the above position, please apply before the application deadline, including a CV and an essay that demonstrates your writing skills. Send your application via e-mail to:
Katherine Stratton, Administrator, Gender and Women’s Studies Programme
All offers of employment are conditional upon sufficient student enrolment in the course and approval by the University.
Dalhousie University is an Employment Equity/Affirmative Action employer.
The University encourages applications from qualified Aboriginal peoples, people with a disability, racially visible persons and women.
- Part‑Time Academic Posting ‑ Department of Engineering, Faculty of Agriculture
- Teaching Assistant Postings ‑ School of Health and Human Performance
- Instructor Posting ‑ Department of Chemistry
- Job Posting ‑ Department of Oceanography, Faculty of Science
- Get to Know your DalCard #2: How to Load Money and Check your Balance
- Reaching Sound Conclusions
- Job Postings
- 2017 Accounts Payable Christmas Cut Off Dates