Today@Dal» Go to news main
Steam Shutdown ‑ Emergency Maintenance
Please be advised that there will be a planned steam shutdown affecting Studley, Carlton and Sexton campuses on Sunday, May 21st, to perform much needed repairs. Facilities Management has determined that the following date will accommodate the repairs and cause the least disruption to campus activities:
- Sunday May 21, 2017 for 12 hours (5 am until 5 pm approx.). There will be no heat or hot water to the majority of campus during this time.
The times and dates of this planned steam outage cannot be avoided.
The main disruptions will be as follows:
DALPLEX, Athletics and Residences – There will be no hot water for washing or showers during this outage.
Food service areas -- There will be no hot water for food preparation at this time.
Research, animal care, oceanography – There will be no hot water available during this time.
All other areas of campus – No hot water in showers, washrooms, labs, office kitchens during this time.
If you are concerned about your area, particularly due to research activities, please contact your Zone Supervisor as follows:
Trevor Morine, Zone 1 (Sexton Campus)
Tel - 902-494-3930
Email - Trevor.Morine@dal.ca
Perry Sabean, Zone 2 (Carleton Campus)
Tel - 902-494-3891
Email - PSabean@dal.ca
Glen Deveau, Zone 3: Studley Campus (west of LeMarchant Street)
Tel - 902-494-6765
Email - Glen.Deveau@dal.ca
Craig Evans, Zone 4 (east of LeMarchant Street)
Tel - 902-494-2599
Email - Craig.Evans@dal.ca
- Teaching Assistant / Marker / Demonstrator posting: College of Sustainability
- Teaching Assistant Postings ‑ Fountain School of Performing Arts, FASS
- Dalplex pool closed next week
- Limited hot water at Dalplex & Sexton Gym
- Part‑Time Academic Posting ‑ Plant, Food, and Environmental Sciences, Faculty of Agriculture
- Media Highlight: Dalhousie researcher explains roles of opioids, medical marijuana, and related drugs in chronic pain treatment
- MultiFaith Calendar ‑ August 16 ‑ 31
- Research study: Exploring sharing information in virtual environments _Round 3