Today@Dal» Go to news main
Steam Shutdown ‑ Emergency Maintenance
Please be advised that there will be a planned steam shutdown affecting Studley, Carlton and Sexton campuses on Sunday, May 21st, to perform much needed repairs. Facilities Management has determined that the following date will accommodate the repairs and cause the least disruption to campus activities:
- Sunday May 21, 2017 for 12 hours (5 am until 5 pm approx.). There will be no heat or hot water to the majority of campus during this time.
The times and dates of this planned steam outage cannot be avoided.
The main disruptions will be as follows:
DALPLEX, Athletics and Residences – There will be no hot water for washing or showers during this outage.
Food service areas -- There will be no hot water for food preparation at this time.
Research, animal care, oceanography – There will be no hot water available during this time.
All other areas of campus – No hot water in showers, washrooms, labs, office kitchens during this time.
If you are concerned about your area, particularly due to research activities, please contact your Zone Supervisor as follows:
Trevor Morine, Zone 1 (Sexton Campus)
Tel - 902-494-3930
Email - Trevor.Morine@dal.ca
Perry Sabean, Zone 2 (Carleton Campus)
Tel - 902-494-3891
Email - PSabean@dal.ca
Glen Deveau, Zone 3: Studley Campus (west of LeMarchant Street)
Tel - 902-494-6765
Email - Glen.Deveau@dal.ca
Craig Evans, Zone 4 (east of LeMarchant Street)
Tel - 902-494-2599
Email - Craig.Evans@dal.ca
- Get creative and enter the 2019 Science As Art Photo Competition
- Call for alumni volunteer opportunities
- Winter 2018 Computer Application Courses
- Job Postings
- Graduate Internship/Research Assistant Posting ‑ School for Resource and Environmental Studies
- Senate Agenda ‑ February 26, 2018
- Encouraging others to meet expectations
- It's not too late to Move More with Dalplex!