Today@Dal» Go to news main
Part‑Time Academic Posting ‑ School of Public Administration/Management
PART-TIME ACADEMIC POSTING
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
POSTING DATE: May 18, 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 31, 2017
One Position: Sessional Instructor – MGMT 2805 (Indigenous Governance) On line course
DEPARTMENT/LOCATION: School of Public Administration
PAY RATE: As per the CUPE collective agreement
The Sessional Instructor will be responsible for a half credit course in the area of Indigenous Governance offered on line to undergraduate students in the Bachelor of Management program during the 2017/2018 fall term. The Instructor will be responsible for all aspects of the teaching and administration of the class and be available for two hours per week outside class times via Collaborate for student consultations. The candidate reports to the Director of the School.
REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION:
A PhD and experience and knowledge of indigenous governance practices.
Previous university-level teaching as well as teaching online is an asset. Demonstrated teaching effectiveness in Indigenous Studies is required.
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing by the application deadline to:
School of Public Administration
Fax: 902 494 7023
All offers of employment as a part-time academic are conditional upon sufficient student enrolment in the course and approval by the University.
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The University encourages applications from Aboriginal people, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community.
- Media Highlight: Innovation accelerator program housed by Dalhousie University attracts high‑profile mentors
- Pink Day at Dalhousie ‑ September 28
- Assistant/Associate Professor Posting ‑ Dept Plant, Food and Environmental Sciences, Faculty of Agriculture
- Notice of Meeting ‑ Dalhousie University Senate
- CRC (Tier II) in Physical Activity, Mobility and Healthy Aging
- Part‑Time Academic Postings ‑ School for Resource and Environmental Studies
- Don't get hooked
- Weight Watchers returns to campus