Today@Dal» Go to news main
Part‑Time Academic Posting ‑ School of Public Administration/Management
PART-TIME ACADEMIC POSTING
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
POSTING DATE: May 18, 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 31, 2017
One Position: Sessional Instructor – MGMT 2805 (Indigenous Governance) On line course
DEPARTMENT/LOCATION: School of Public Administration
PAY RATE: As per the CUPE collective agreement
The Sessional Instructor will be responsible for a half credit course in the area of Indigenous Governance offered on line to undergraduate students in the Bachelor of Management program during the 2017/2018 fall term. The Instructor will be responsible for all aspects of the teaching and administration of the class and be available for two hours per week outside class times via Collaborate for student consultations. The candidate reports to the Director of the School.
REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION:
A PhD and experience and knowledge of indigenous governance practices.
Previous university-level teaching as well as teaching online is an asset. Demonstrated teaching effectiveness in Indigenous Studies is required.
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing by the application deadline to:
School of Public Administration
Fax: 902 494 7023
All offers of employment as a part-time academic are conditional upon sufficient student enrolment in the course and approval by the University.
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The University encourages applications from Aboriginal people, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community.
- Part‑Time Academic Posting: School of Health Administration
- Part‑Time Academic Postings: Department of Biology
- MacEachen Institute appoints Founding Fellows
- Part‑Time Academic Posting: School of Public Administration
- Part‑Time Academic Posting (repost): Dept. of Business and Social Sciences (Faculty of Agriculture)
- Part‑Time Academic Posting: School of Social Work
- Part‑Time Academic Postings: Department of Sociology and Social Anthropology
- Part‑Time Academic Postings: Rowe School of Business / Faculty of Management