Today@Dal» Go to news main
Grant‑Paid Job Posting ‑ School of Public Administration/Faculty of Management
Position Title: RESEARCH ASSISTANT
Start date: May 1st, 2017 (1 month probation)
End date: December 31st, 2017 (negotiable)
Location: Dalhousie University
Remuneration: $21.50 per hour
Workload: 10-15 hours per week (negotiable)
The Public Sector Motivations study is investigating what motivates students to enter careers in the public service. In particular, we are going to work with applications files to the Master of Public Administration program and identify what the driving factors are behind applications. We are strongly interested in understanding differences in motivations between female and male applicants. The project will include a review of literature, and a qualitative text analysis of application documents to the Master of Public Administration program at Dalhousie.
The RA is expected to become familiar with the project through reading of grant proposals and consultation with the investigators. The RA will participate and engage in the following research activities:
• Application to the Dalhousie Research Ethics Board (underway);
• Search, review, organization and management of relevant literature;
• Management of the system for document review;
• Analysis and interpretation of qualitative data (content analysis of student application documents);
• Tracking of further funding application requirements (e.g. SSHRC Insight Grant)
• Preparation of funding application documents and article manuscripts;
• Flexibility with taking on additional related tasks as required.
The ideal candidate must have a graduate level degree, or be in the final stages of completing a graduate level degree, and have demonstrated experience with analysis of qualitative data, particularly content analysis. Preference will be given to candidates with a demonstrated research interest in career motivations and/or public service work-force issues. The RA will have flexibility in terms of task assignment. The RA must be willing to work on campus during agreed upon hours, and work to deadlines (at times outside of standard work hours). The ideal candidate will commit to the project and project outcomes. The first month of the position is probationary.
To apply, please forward your application letter, current CV, and the names of at least two referees who can speak to your research to Dominika Wranik at email@example.com. Application deadline is noon on April 24th, 2017. Candidates will only be contacted, if their application progresses to the next stages of the selection process.
- Job Posting ‑ Tenure‑Track Lecturer or Professor (Information Management)
- Dunn elevator out of service from July 10 until August 31
- All locations of the Registrar's Office will delay opening on Thursday, June 29th.
- Forrest Building elevator unavailable
- Rosina parking lot to be paved
- Dalhousie University's Clean Technologies Research Institute
- Listening Better ‑ A Great Skill in Providing Service
- Job Postings