Today@Dal» Go to news main
Creating Discourse on Campus: Understanding the Classroom, Teaching, and Student Experiences of Individuals who Identify as LGBTQ+
Tuesday, March 21, 2017
1:30 to 3:00 pm
Student Union Building, Bev Myers Room
In collaboration with DalOUT and South House, the Centre for Learning and Teaching will be hosting a student-led panel discussing the lived experiences of those who identify as LGBTQ+ on Dalhousie campuses. The goal of this discussion is to provide a platform for undergraduate and graduate students to share their experiences interacting with faculty, student services, teaching assistants, and their peers. Focus will be on providing the audience with the opportunity to learn more about the challenges and successes of teaching practices, classroom environments, social interactions, and appropriate inclusion of LGBTQ+ voices. It is our hope that students with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and identities will attend and share their own stories and present questions to the panel.
To register for this event visit https://www.dal.ca/dept/clt/events-news/reg_march21.html
Hosted by Centre for Learning and Teaching, DalOUT, and South House.
- Teaching Assistant / Marker / Demonstrator posting: College of Sustainability
- Teaching Assistant Postings ‑ Fountain School of Performing Arts, FASS
- Dalplex pool closed next week
- Limited hot water at Dalplex & Sexton Gym
- Part‑Time Academic Posting ‑ Plant, Food, and Environmental Sciences, Faculty of Agriculture
- Media Highlight: Dalhousie researcher explains roles of opioids, medical marijuana, and related drugs in chronic pain treatment
- MultiFaith Calendar ‑ August 16 ‑ 31
- Research study: Exploring sharing information in virtual environments _Round 3