Today@Dal» Go to news main
Media Highlight: Dalhousie researcher awarded Herzberg Medal for battery research
Jeff Dahn, of Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia has won the Herzberg Medal and the million dollars in prize money that comes with the honour. The award is presented by the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC).
A member of the Department of Physics and Atmospheric Science at Dal, Professor Dahn works with a team of about 25 people: undergraduate assistants, graduates and post-doctorates, in a 5,000-square-foot laboratory. Itâ€™s a hive of activity with machines humming around the clock.
Read full story (http://www.rcinet.ca/en/2017/02/07/battery-researcher-jeff-dahn-awarded-1m-herzberg-medal/)
- 2017 Healthy Workplace Award ‑ Call for Nominations
- Information and disinformation: Evaluating what we know in a world of "alternative facts"
- Media Highlight: Dalhousie researcher examines how female dolphins choose father of their calves
- Job Postings
- This week's specials at your club ‑ The DalUClub
- Part‑Time Academic Postings ‑ Spanish & Latin American Studies
- Volunteers Needed: Dalhousie's Open House in Halifax
- Walktober Weekly Challenge