Today@Dal» Go to news main
Dal Lead! Conference & Wab Kinew Speaking Engagement
The Dalhousie Student Leadership Conference is an energy-packed, one-day conference for Dalhousie Students focusing on expanding your leadership potential. Whether you’re an undergraduate or graduate student, regardless to what classes you’re taking or whether you consider yourself a leader or not, this conference is for you. visit dal.ca/dalead for more info
This year Dal Lead is proud to host Wab Kinew! Wab is an award winning CBC and Al Jazeera Journalist and host of the CBC Television series “8th Fire”. Wab is also Associate Vice-President for Indigenous Relations at The University of Winnipeg and the author of the Number 1 national bestseller “The Reason You Walk: A Memoir.” He is also a Sundancer, a member of the Midewin, and an award winning Hip Hop artist. Wab is also an Honourary Witness for the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada.
The Dalhousie Student Leadership Conference is proud to host Wab Kinew, the award winning CBC and Al Jazeera Journalist and host of the Television series “8th Fire” on January 30th for a speaking engagement and all are welcome to attend.
Dalhousie Students: Registration is $10 (as part of the Dal Lead: The Dalhousie Student Leadership Conference Fee)
Faculty, Staff & Community Members: Though the Dal Lead conference is for Dalhousie Students only, tickets for non-students are available for the Wab Kinew: "The Reason You Walk" speaking engagement. Tickets are $20. Seating is first come first serve.
DAL Lead Conference Start Time:
10:00am McInnes Room, SUB
Wab Kinew Speaking Engagement Start Time:
Doors open at 6:00pm McInnes Room, SUB
Visit dal.ca/dalead to register
- Reminder: Search for University Advisor & Assistant Vice‑President, Equity and Inclusion
- Part‑Time Academic Postings ‑ Department of Engineering, Faculty of Agriculture
- Media Highlight: Dalhousie's Michael Ungar discusses the importance of play for child development
- Part‑Time Academic Postings ‑ School of Health Administration
- Job Postings
- Managing Motivation During Organizational Change
- Part‑Time Academic Posting ‑ Integrated Science Program
- Part‑Time Academic Posting ‑ School of Health Sciences