Today@Dal» Go to news main
Research Assistant posting: School of Public Administration
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Research Assistant (part-time, temporary)
DEPARTMENT: School of Public Administration
LOCATION: Kenneth Rowe Building
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
START DATE: February 8, 2013
END DATE: March 31, 2014 (with two month probationary period)
This position is located within the School of Public Administration, Faculty of Management. The purpose of the position is to support a research project funded through the Atlantic Aboriginal Economic Development Integrated Research Program (AAEDIRP). The project is to explore the linkages between drug addictions and economic development in the Aboriginal communities of the Atlantic region.
• Review relevant academic /grey literature and documents and synthesize;
• Prepare research documents to support the project (e.g. updates, reports);
• Act as liaison between the research team, AAEDIRP and selected Aboriginal communities;
• Assist with the gathering of qualitative data (including on-site visits to communities);
• Assist with the compilation of quantitative data;
• Perform other related tasks as required to support the project (e.g. prepare dissemination materials, assist with troubleshooting).
• Attend scheduled meetings on and off site.
• Work in collaboration with the research coordinator and research team.
• Graduate degree (completed or near completion) related to social policy and/or addictions issues in Canada, preferably with focus on Aboriginal peoples;
• Experience with academic research and related activities;
• Good organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines, proven ability to work in a research team environment, and ability to work with limited direction;
• Strong preference will be given to applicants of Aboriginal descent.
Applications will be accepted until February 4, 2013. To apply please forward your CV, an application letter, and the names of three employment related references to Dominika Wranik at firstname.lastname@example.org. Performance will be reviewed twice: on March 31, 2013 and on September 30, 2013. Given satisfactory performance, the position will be renewed until September 20, 2013, and March 31, 2014 respectively. The position is subject to final budgetary approval.
- Teaching Assistant posting: 12 positions available with the Department of Physiology and Biophysics
- Participants sought for study on use of online resilience platform
- Pets of Dalhousie: Meet Halo
- Job posting
- Virtual ergonomic assessment/ergonomic coaching session
- Teaching Assistant postings: School of Social Work
- Pets of Dalhousie: Meet Mika
- Student virtual Q&A videos