Retirement Planning Webinar Series - Learn, Plan, Enjoy
Register for this series here so you can be sent an online meeting invitation in advance of the first session.
Faculty and students from the School of Health and Human Performance at Dalhousie University have developed a webinar-based program to help guide Dalhousie faculty and staff in planning for their transition to retirement. This series is open to anyone who is planning on retiring soon or even just thinking about this transition.
Through a series of interactive webinars, you will have the opportunity to learn more about what constitutes retirement transitions, how to plan, and hopefully enjoythe journey towards retirement. With a focus on lifestyle planning, this program will help you envision your own retirement transition while connecting with other soon-to-be retirees in the Dalhousie community. As retirement transition is a personal and unique experience for everyone, a retirement transition coach will also be available to help support individualized learning.
The goals of the webinars will be to assist participants to:
- Understand psychosocial aspects of well-being that are impacted by the transition to retirement.
- Assess personal strengths and needs to address in retirement.
- Identify resources that will enhance your life in retirement.
- Develop plans to prepare for and manage the transition to retirement.
List of webinar topics:
- Why Plan for Life in Retirement?
- What’s Lost and Gained in Retirement?
- Re-imagining the Retired You
- Leisure in Retirement: More Than Just Having Fun
- So... What Really Matters? Time, Purpose, and Planning
- What Might Stop You? Barriers and Unexpected Challenges
- Resources: What You Have and How to Use Them
- Sharing the Wealth
Schedule (2020): 8 webinars, Mondays from 12pm-1pm
- September 14, 21, 28
- October 5, 19, 26
- November 2, 9
The development of this program is funded through a Dalhousie Workplace Wellness Grant.
Health and Wellness