MSSU NS Bridge Event
The Maritime SPOR SUPPORT Unit NS Bridge Event is a bi-annual gathering that brings together health care decision-makers and providers, researchers, patients and the public, who spend a half-day in facilitated group discussions about priority health topics. If you have experience in one of the following priority topics, join the discussion and help to shape future research in this area.
Our team has worked closely with colleagues at the Nova Scotia Department of Health and Wellness, the Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA), and IWK Health Centre to identify the following seven priority health topics for discussion:
1. How do we better prepare and facilitate transitions of care for pediatric patients with chronic conditions?
2. Development of a framework to evaluate the progress/ success of the implementation of the NS presumed consent policy for organ donation.
3. How do we improve patient flow – both into and out of the hospital (from home to hospital, community-based care, assisted living)?
4. What is best-evidence around the medical management of chronic symptoms that are not tied to a specific diagnosis? What is the feasibility of the identified model(s) and application of this in Nova Scotia?
5. What is the best model of collaborative mental health care delivery? How can we effectively leverage existing community resources to fill transition in care gaps?
6. How can we decrease vaping activity among youth in Nova Scotia?
7. How do childhood development indices (school readiness-EDI; middle years development-MDI) relate to healthcare utilization in Nova Scotia, and how do these relationships differ across neighborhood clusters?
Bluenose Ballroom, Hotel Halifax (formerly Delta Halifax), 1990 Barrington St, Halifax, NS