G.R.I.T. Resilience Training
Tuesdays, March 6 - April 24 (8-part series)
12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
Resilience is not something that we’re born with – it develops over time as we acquire knowledge, perspective and self-management skills.
Promise Performance and Vendura Wellness have proudly partnered to create an exciting new resilience program for workplaces. We address thinking traps, catastrophic thinking and practical skills that can be applied in everyday life to strengthen an individual's ability to overcome adversity and challenges, adapt well to change, manage stress, and thrive in their personal and professional life.
Participants will learn important resilience skills such as:
- Developing a purpose and vision
- Reducing anxiety through techniques for controlling intrusive thoughts and images
- The importance of, and how to have, strong relationships with friends and family
- How to amplify positive emotions and how to recognize when negative ones are out of portion
- How to maximize your Physical health through sleep, meditation and other life skills
- Heightening awareness of “Red Flags” (knowing the triggers and markers of low resiliency)
- Having a series of go-to “Fire escapes” (strategies to address low resiliency)
Our program includes a one-of-a-kind G.R.I.T. assessment tool that gives participants a deep look inward at their current level of resilience. Participants will receive reflections on our unique scales that combine to produce each resiliency score.
G.R.I.T. group meetings take place every Tuesday at noon from March 6 - April 24 (8-part series). A "building block" approach will be used
to help you develop more effective habits each week. You will complete the G.R.I.T. assessment at the beginning and end of the program to track
your progress and participate in activities between meetings to help you incorporate your learning. Those that complete the program receive a certificate of completion.
For more information and to register for this workshop, please visit https://events-tm.dal.ca/workshop.php?id=2377
Room 523 Collaborative Health Education Building (CHEB)
This is an 8-part series.
Event Organizer: Stefanie Adams email@example.com 494-1115G.R.I.T. Resilience Training