Apply to Science Co‑op
SCIENCE CO-OP APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN
Science Co-op is currently available with the following programs:
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Science
- Marine Biology
- Math & Stats
- Microbiology & Immunology
- Physics & Atmospheric Science
Who can apply?
Bachelor of Science students who meet the following criteria are invited to apply to co-op:
- Has a GPA of at least 3.0 (3.3 for Microbiology and Immunology)
- Is enrolled in a 20-credit degree program
- Can fulfill the academic requirements of your science department (see undergraduate calendar)
- Is enrolled in or switching into a Science discipline with the co-op option
- Has completed one year of university (two years in some departments)
- Is eligible to work in Canada (international students with a valid study permit must apply for a co-op work permit)
- Is proficient in oral and written English
- Is motivated and capable of handling the extra work load of participating in a job competition while carrying a full course load.
Due to limited enrollment space, acceptance is not guaranteed, even for students who meet all requirements.
When to apply?
Science students generally apply to co-op before the end of their first year of study. Some programs allow students to apply at the end of their second year of study. Please note, applications are accepted on a yearly basis and will open by the end of February.
How to apply:
- Login to myCareer and select the Science, Information Technology, Engineering Co-op tab from the left-hand menu.
Can't see the Science, Information Technology, Engineering Co-op tab? Email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can grant you access.
- Select the co-op program to which you are applying to begin your application. Programs are listed by the year and semester most students eligible to apply began their degree program.
- Click Submit Application once complete.
After submitting your application:
- You will receive an email notification confirming that your application has been received.
- Check your application on myCareer regularly: if further action on your part is required, we will let you know in the "action required by you" section.
- You will be notified by email once a final decision regarding your application has been determined which is normally within one month following the deadline.