Apply to Science Co‑op
SCIENCE CO-OP APPLICATIONS ARE NOT CURRENTLY OPEN
Science Co-op is currently available with the following programs:
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Science
- Marine Biology
- Math & Stats
- Microbiology & Immunology
- Physics & Atmospheric Science
Who can apply?
Bachelor of Science students who meet the following criteria are invited to apply to co-op:
- Has a GPA of at least 3.0 (3.3 for Microbiology and Immunology)
- Is enrolled in a 20-credit degree program
- Can fulfill the academic requirements of your science department (see undergraduate calendar)
- Is enrolled in or switching into a Science discipline with the co-op option
- Has completed one year of university (two years in some departments)
- Is eligible to work in Canada (international students with a valid study permit must apply for a co-op work permit)
- Is proficient in oral and written English
- Is motivated and capable of handling the extra work load of participating in a job competition while carrying a full course load.
Due to limited enrollment space, acceptance is not guaranteed, even for students who meet all requirements.
When to apply?
Science students generally apply to co-op before the end of their first year of study. Some programs allow students to apply at the end of their second year of study.
Applications open in February of every year. Please watch your Dal email for details on exact dates.
How to apply:
- Login to myCareer and select the Science, Information Technology, Engineering Co-op tab from the left-hand menu.
Can't see the Science, Information Technology, Engineering Co-op tab? Email email@example.com so we can grant you access.
- Select the co-op program to which you are applying to begin your application. Programs are listed by the year and semester most students eligible to apply began their degree program.
- Click Submit Application once complete.
After submitting your application:
- You will receive an email notification confirming that your application has been received.
- Check your application on myCareer regularly: if further action on your part is required, we will let you know in the "action required by you" section.
- You will be notified by email once a final decision regarding your application has been determined which is normally within one month following the deadline.