Apply to Computer Science or Applied Computer Science Co‑op
Who can apply
Bachelor of Computer Science and Bachelor of Applied Computer Science students who meet the following criteria are invited to apply to co-op:
- Has a cumulative GPA of 2.5 and is in good academic standing
- Is eligible to work in Canada
- Is proficient in oral and written English
- Is motivated and capable of handling the extra work load of participating in a job competition while carrying a full course load
- Has or will have taken the required courses prior to the first work term:
Applied Computer Science & Computer Science
- CSCI 2100 (Communications Skills: Oral and Written)
- CSCI 2110 (Computer Science III)
- CSCI 2132 (Software Development)
- CSCI 2141 (Introduction to Database Systems)
- One full, or two half-credit courses that meet the first year English/Writing requirement
When to apply
Computer Science students generally apply to co-op at the end of their first year of study. Late applications will generally not be accepted.
How to apply
- Login to myCareer and select the Science, Information Technology, Engineering Co-op tab from the left-hand menu.
Can't see the Science, Information Technology, Engineering Co-op tab? Email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can grant you access.
- Select the co-op program to which you are applying to begin your application. Programs are listed by the year and semester most students eligible to apply began their degree program.
- Click Submit Application once complete.
After submitting your application
- Register for the online Co-op Orientation Course (CSCI 8890 - Co-op seminar) on Dal online. The $300 course fee will be added to your account upon registering.
- You will receive an email notification confirming that your application has been received.
- Check your application on myCareer regularly: if further action on your part is required, we will let you know in the "action required by you" section.
- You will be notified by email once a final decision regarding your application has been determined which is normally within one month following the deadline.