AU Student Applications
If you are applying to Dalhousie Engineering as an engineering student from an Associated University (AU), you will need to take a few extra steps to apply to the co-op program after you have applied to Dalhousie for the fall term.
To qualify for co-op, you must have your diploma in Engineering and a minimum GPA of 2.3 (C+). Even if you're not sure about joining co-op now, you must complete the Co-op Orientation Course to keep your options open.
You will receive an email from Dalhousie University inviting you to apply for the co-op orientation course. We will have submitted your name to Dal's Registrar's office, so when you apply as a visitor you will be admitted.
How to apply:
- Visit dal.ca/applynow to get started. Select Start your application under Ready to apply?
- At the bottom of the page, select First time user account creation to create a login ID and PIN.
- Complete the Bachelor of Engineering Application:
- Application type: select Dal Undergrad General
- Admission type: select Associated Engineering Diploma for year three engineering
- Planned Course of Study: for BENG, select Bachelor of Engineering and list your preferred disciplines (see below):
- When you are finished the Bachelor of Engineering application, submit the application and pay the fee by clicking on ‘Proceed with Payment’ at the bottom of the screen.
- Next, apply as a visiting student:
- Complete steps 1 and 2 as above (note that you can use the same login and PIN for both applications)
- Admission type: select Visiting Student
- Planned Course of Study: select Visiting Student (*please note that you do not need to obtain a letter of permission) and indicate ENGI 8890 as your intended area of study.
You need to complete two applications (only one application fee is required): one for BENG for Fall 2022, and one for VSUG (Visiting Student) — for either Winter 2022 or Summer 2022 — if you are applying from an associated university
Transcripts are not required until May 2022.
You do not need to provide a letter of permission for you to take ENGI 8890.
If you have questions about the application process contact:
Tracey Roy, Assistant Registrar, Admissions