Certificate & Diploma Programs
Certificate and diploma programs give BSc students the chance to concentrate on an area in addition to their major.
Certificate Programs available to Faculty of Science students
Certificates are a way of recognizing students who have achieved a level of proficiency or specialization in a particular area or subject. The following undergraduate certificates are normally awarded upon graduation and are recorded on the student’s academic transcript.
- Actuarial and Financial Mathematics
- Animal Behaviour
- Applied and Computational Mathematics
- Aquaculture and the Environment
- Data Analytics
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
- Geographic Information Science (GIS)
- Information Technology (Physics)
- Materials Science
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Neurotechnology Innovation
- Science Leadership and Communication
Diploma in Meteorology
Physics, chemistry and mathematics students interested in meteorology may wish to complete the Diploma in Meteorology. The diploma includes 10 half-credit meteorology classes and may be completed along with or subsequent to a BSc program.