Every year, departments across Dalhousie rely on alumni and friends who believe in what Dalhousie students and professors can contribute to communities, both locally and around the globe.
Annual giving has an immediate and meaningful impact on students and enables the Faculty of Science and the Department of Physics and Atmospheric Science to succeed in their goals - providing unrivalled academic excellence and motivating students to move forward with confidence, knowledge, and strength.
A gift to the Faculty of Science is a committment to the Faculty's area of greatest need. If you wish, you can specify that your gift be allocated to the needs of the Department of Physics and Atmospheric Science. Find out more about the Faculty's needs, and how your gift can help - visit the Bold Ambitions campaign website.
Selected priorities in the Faculty of Science
- Chair, Sustainable Research Materials: Research in Materials Science helps to decrease the use of toxic chemicals. The Chair will link Dalhousie expertise to diverse private sector groups - and create bridges on campus between faculties engaged in sustainable initiatives.
- Science Learning Commons: This initiative will provide spaces for students and faculty to come together to share ideas, study, and access IT.
- Science Student Experience Fund: This will support community outreach activities and field trips, and help Faculty of Science students with the cost of attending conferences and workshops.
- Undergraduate Summer Research Fund: This gives students the opportunity to apply their classroom learning by working as a research assistant during the summer months.
- Undergraduate Scholarships/Bursaries: These funds will help eliminate the financial impediment to acquiring a university education by supporting qualified students.
- Graduate Fellowship Fund: Giving Dalhousie a competitive edge at recruiting the brightest minds and deepest thinkers, this fund will contribute to the financial needs of master's and PhD students.