Exposure to a breadth of ocean expertise
The Department of Oceanography now offers a Bachelor of Science degree in Ocean Sciences. This program is new for the 2013/2014 academic year and will replace the Combined Honours Program.
As the first full major of its kind in Canada, the Ocean Sciences program addresses the growing demand among undergraduates to study the global ocean. This unique interdisciplinary program will educate students in the core oceanographic subdisciplines of physical, geological, chemical and biological oceanography as well as management, law, and policy aspects of the ocean.
Graduates of the Ocean Sciences program will have gained an appreciation of the interdisciplnary and collaborative approaches often required to arrive at meaningful solutions to environmental problems relating to the oceans. Graduates of this program will be well placed to continue their studies at the graduate level or join the growing work force within ocean industries.
Find out more
- Explore our Bachelor of Science in Ocean Sciences program
- Watch a video about the new Ocean Sciences undergrad program
- See a list of degree requirements and courses offered in the Academic Calendar
- Find out when courses are offered on the Academic Timetable
- Academic Advising
- Find funding opportunities
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities (UROPs)
- Admissions for undergraduates