Dalhousie Science News» Go to news main
Welcoming new first‑year Dal Science students
To our new group of first-year Dal Science students: Welcome! We're excited to have you join our community and look forward to everything you'll accomplish in your time here.
We hope you'll join us at the Faculty of Science First-year Orientation and Welcome Event to learn more about our large and diverse Dal Science community.
WHEN: Wednesday, September 6 at 3 p.m.
WHERE: Wallace McCain Learning Commons
WHY: Free pizza. But also, meet some of your instructors and fellow classmates, the president of the Dalhousie Science Society (DSS), and the Dean of Science. You'll get a Dal Science prize bag and be entered to win a win one of two $50 gift certificates to the Dal Bookstore.
Faces of Dal Science
Read on to learn more about some of the Dal Science first-year instructors in advance of meeting them at the First-year Orientation and Welcome Event.
- News Release: Online Atlas Showcases Traditional Land‑Use Knowledge of Canadian Arctic Inuit of the Kitikmeot Region of Nunavut
- News Release: low oxygen "dead zone" in Gulf of Mexico will be three times as large as Prince Edward Island, forecast finds
- Curious? Just "Ask a Scientist"
- Kristal Ambrose's "trash talk" prevails at Dal's 3 Minute Thesis competition
- 200 Circles: a celebrated alumnus tells Dalhousie's story
- Leading a plastic pollution revolution
- Massive global fishing footprint captured in detail for first time
- Dal's cutting‑edge aquatic research facility to test tidal energy projects