Dalhousie Science News» Go to news main
Welcoming new first‑year Dal Science students
To our new group of first-year Dal Science students: Welcome! We're excited to have you join our community and look forward to everything you'll accomplish in your time here.
We hope you'll join us at the Faculty of Science First-year Orientation and Welcome Event to learn more about our large and diverse Dal Science community.
WHEN: Wednesday, September 6 at 3 p.m.
WHERE: Wallace McCain Learning Commons
WHY: Free pizza. But also, meet some of your instructors and fellow classmates, the president of the Dalhousie Science Society (DSS), and the Dean of Science. You'll get a Dal Science prize bag and be entered to win a win one of two $50 gift certificates to the Dal Bookstore.
Faces of Dal Science
Read on to learn more about some of the Dal Science first-year instructors in advance of meeting them at the First-year Orientation and Welcome Event.
- Exploring the sciences with the Atlantic Science Links Association
- Dal researchers shine at 15th annual Discovery Awards
- Staying connected: Peer support workers provide mental health advice and support
- A third dimension of innovation
- Dal researchers receive $4.8 million to collaborate on social sciences and humanities projects
- Taking the experience all in—and giving back too
- The Conversation: How the genomics health revolution is failing ethnic minorities
- Dalhousie home to three new Canada Research Chairs