Dalhousie Science News» Go to news main
Welcoming new first‑year Dal Science students
To our new group of first-year Dal Science students: Welcome! We're excited to have you join our community and look forward to everything you'll accomplish in your time here.
We hope you'll join us at the Faculty of Science First-year Orientation and Welcome Event to learn more about our large and diverse Dal Science community.
WHEN: Wednesday, September 6 at 3 p.m.
WHERE: Wallace McCain Learning Commons
WHY: Free pizza. But also, meet some of your instructors and fellow classmates, the president of the Dalhousie Science Society (DSS), and the Dean of Science. You'll get a Dal Science prize bag and be entered to win a win one of two $50 gift certificates to the Dal Bookstore.
Faces of Dal Science
Read on to learn more about some of the Dal Science first-year instructors in advance of meeting them at the First-year Orientation and Welcome Event.
- Welcoming new first‑year Dal Science students
- The 3‑D experience of a lifetime: Observing the partial solar eclipse at Dal
- Un‑stung heroes: Atlantic Canadian volunteers help Dal master's student research jellyfish
- Big‑eyed thresher shark provides students rare study opportunity
- A race against time: Saving the North Atlantic right whale
- Under the skin: Dal researchers work to determine cause of death for North Atlantic Right Whales
- CMOS honours Dal contributions to ocean research
- Three students, three scholarships, three years: Dal students receive Vanier Graduate Scholarships