Dalhousie Science News» Go to news main
Celebrating spring convocation and student achievement
We're so proud of our new Dal Science grads. Their hard work, determination, and dedication to their studies while balancing other responsibilities has paid off. They're the next generation of scientists, teachers, politicians, doctors, lawyers and more. We cannot wait to see how they will change the world.
Read below some stories of exceptional students who represent a small portion of this year's amazing Science grads.
Faculty of Science University Medal Winners
- University Silver Medal : Leanna Ritchie
- University Medal in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology : Emma MacDougall
- University Medal in Biology : Alicia Roy
- University Medal in Chemistry : Luke Burke
- University Medal in Earth Sciences : Erin Anderson
- University Medal in Economics : Shilin Wang
- University Medal in Environmental Science : Leanna Ritchie
- University Medal in Marine Biology : Jenny Smith
- Sir William Young Gold Medal in Mathematics : Shael Brown
- University Medal in Microbiology and Immunology : Kathleen Miller
- University Medal in Neuroscience : Kathleen Cairns
- University Medal in Physics : Cameron Rudderham
- University Medal in Psychology : Nicole Woodland
- University Medal in Statistics : Mary Hayes
- University Medal in Ocean Sciences : Eric Auvinen
We look forward to seeing the impact these grads will make on their community as Dal Alumni.
Faces of the Class of 2017
- News Release: Online Atlas Showcases Traditional Land‑Use Knowledge of Canadian Arctic Inuit of the Kitikmeot Region of Nunavut
- News Release: low oxygen "dead zone" in Gulf of Mexico will be three times as large as Prince Edward Island, forecast finds
- Curious? Just "Ask a Scientist"
- Kristal Ambrose's "trash talk" prevails at Dal's 3 Minute Thesis competition
- 200 Circles: a celebrated alumnus tells Dalhousie's story
- Leading a plastic pollution revolution
- Massive global fishing footprint captured in detail for first time
- Dal's cutting‑edge aquatic research facility to test tidal energy projects