Dalhousie Science News» Go to news main
Gotta log 'em all: Dal hosts its first BioBlitz
Last week, Dal’s Science community shed light on the incredible biodiversity found on the university’s urban campus with a unique sort of scavenger hunt.
It was a scene reminiscent of this past summer’s Pokemon GO craze: people of all ages walking around outdoors, pointing their smart phones at seemingly random things, then moving on shortly after.
But on this particular day — Thursday, September 8 — members of the Dal community weren’t adding to their digital collection of fictional creatures. Instead they were locating, recording and identifying as many living things as they could find in a given area on campus.
- A royal crew: Dal celebrates largestâever class of Royal Society of Canada honourees
- Innovation on the high seas
- Science connections
- Up close with the largest animal on Earth
- Making time to make a difference
- How a Dal mathematician is helping sort out Beatles songwriting disputes
- A century of specimens
- At home away from home