Dalhousie Science in the News» Go to news main
Grounding Knowledge: Geologist empowers women in science
Techsploration is a not-for-profit organization focussed on enhancing educational experiences for high school women. Their goal is to increase awareness of and to empower women to work in science, trades, and technology fields.
Earth Sciences professor and departmental chair, Dr. Rebecca Jamieson, is featured in this video series by Techsploration. While illustrating what a day in the life of a geologist is like, Dr. Jamieson also speaks of interesting areas of research, and career opportunities in the field of geology.
"Some of the questions that geologists are involved in answering have to do with things that really affect peoples everyday lives. For example, earthquakes or volcanoes, and natural hazzards of various kinds. Another big area is environmental geoscience," said Dr. Jamieson.
Watch Rebecca Jamieson's geology video on the Techsploration YouTube channel.
- Kristal Ambrose's "trash talk" prevails at Dal's 3 Minute Thesis competition
- 200 Circles: a celebrated alumnus tells Dalhousie's story
- Leading a plastic pollution revolution
- Massive global fishing footprint captured in detail for first time
- Dal's cutting‑edge aquatic research facility to test tidal energy projects
- Current Tides: a collection of Dal's latest ocean research
- Gail Eskes' spatial neglect research receives $150k from local businesswoman and the Heart & Stroke Foundation
- The importance of new perspectives