Dalhousie Science in the News» Go to news main
Biology Professor new Dean of Graduate Studies
Dr. Marty Leonard has played many roles at Dalhousie - biology professor, graduate supervisor, and now, Faculty Dean. The new position will allow Dr. Leonard to advise Dal graduate students from all faculties, a role she is looking forward to.
“In my lab we do a mix of basic and applied conservation biology,” she explains. “Most of my students are doing projects with a focus on birds, but not exclusively,” she says. “I’ve had students that have worked on seals and bats, for example.”
Read more about Dr. Leonard's story on Dal News.
- Quieter seas: Measuring noise reduction in the ocean during this pandemic
- Faculty of Science's Response to COVID‑19
- Joining forces
- SCIOGRAPHIES Q&A: ERIC OLIVER, OCEANOGRAPHER
- SCIOGRAPHIES Q&A: JOHN GOSSE, GEOLOGIST
- SCIGRAPHIES Q&A: Megan Bailey, Fisheries Economist
- SCIOGRAPHIES Q&A: EVOLUTIONARY BIOLOGIST ALASTAIR SIMPSON
- SCIOGRAPHIES Q&A: MATHEMATICIAN JASON BROWN