Dalhousie Science in the News» Go to news main
Depression on the rise
Two of Dalhousie's own raise awareness of the debilitating mental illness in the days leading to National Depression Screening Day on October 9th. Dr. Simon B. Sherry, Dahousie psychology and neuroscience professor, and Cynthia Ramasubbu, research assistant in
Dalhousie University’s Personality Research Team, team together to write for the "Voice of the City" column in Halifax's The Coast.
"Depression is a health problem of almost unfathomable magnitude. There is no more serious health problem facing Canadians today. Raise your voice in our city to get help with depression if you need it, or to encourage someone else who does." - The Coast
Read more at Today@Dal.
- SCIOGRAPHIES Q&A: ERIC OLIVER, OCEANOGRAPHER
- SCIOGRAPHIES Q&A: JOHN GOSSE, GEOLOGIST
- SCIGRAPHIES Q&A: Megan Bailey, Fisheries Economist
- SCIOGRAPHIES Q&A: EVOLUTIONARY BIOLOGIST ALASTAIR SIMPSON
- SCIOGRAPHIES Q&A: MATHEMATICIAN JASON BROWN
- SCIOGRAPHIES Q&A: MARINE BIOLOGIST SARA IVERSON
- Sciographies podcast shares the personal and professional stories of Dal scientists
- Volcano Watcher