Dalhousie Science in the News» Go to news main
Google Hangout: Watch and Listen, Our Great Big Hope for Canada's Whales
From coast to coast, Canada has some of the greatest diversity of whales on the planet. Many species were nearly wiped out from centuries of commercial whaling and their recovery remains fragile.
Check out this exclusive conversation with Tonya Wimmer, Manager, Species Conservation, WWF-Canada; Dr. Hal Whitehead, Professor, Dalhousie University; Janie Wray, Researcher, Cetacea Lab; Robert Michaud, Biologist. Watch the Google Hangout.
- News Release: low oxygen "dead zone" in Gulf of Mexico will be three times as large as Prince Edward Island, forecast finds
- Curious? Just "Ask a Scientist"
- Kristal Ambrose's "trash talk" prevails at Dal's 3 Minute Thesis competition
- 200 Circles: a celebrated alumnus tells Dalhousie's story
- Leading a plastic pollution revolution
- Massive global fishing footprint captured in detail for first time
- Dal's cutting‑edge aquatic research facility to test tidal energy projects
- Current Tides: a collection of Dal's latest ocean research