Dalhousie Science in the News» Go to news main
Google Hangout: Watch and Listen, Our Great Big Hope for Canada's Whales
From coast to coast, Canada has some of the greatest diversity of whales on the planet. Many species were nearly wiped out from centuries of commercial whaling and their recovery remains fragile.
Check out this exclusive conversation with Tonya Wimmer, Manager, Species Conservation, WWF-Canada; Dr. Hal Whitehead, Professor, Dalhousie University; Janie Wray, Researcher, Cetacea Lab; Robert Michaud, Biologist. Watch the Google Hangout.
- Kristal Ambrose's "trash talk" prevails at Dal's 3 Minute Thesis competition
- 200 Circles: a celebrated alumnus tells Dalhousie's story
- Leading a plastic pollution revolution
- Massive global fishing footprint captured in detail for first time
- Dal's cutting‑edge aquatic research facility to test tidal energy projects
- Current Tides: a collection of Dal's latest ocean research
- Gail Eskes' spatial neglect research receives $150k from local businesswoman and the Heart & Stroke Foundation
- The importance of new perspectives