Dalhousie Science in the News» Go to news main
Google Hangout: Watch and Listen, Our Great Big Hope for Canada's Whales
From coast to coast, Canada has some of the greatest diversity of whales on the planet. Many species were nearly wiped out from centuries of commercial whaling and their recovery remains fragile.
Check out this exclusive conversation with Tonya Wimmer, Manager, Species Conservation, WWF-Canada; Dr. Hal Whitehead, Professor, Dalhousie University; Janie Wray, Researcher, Cetacea Lab; Robert Michaud, Biologist. Watch the Google Hangout.
- The importance of new perspectives
- Learning from the past: what the Ice Age can teach us about the future of our coastlines
- Jeffrey Hutchings takes top honour in marine science
- Dal researchers shine at 15th annual Discovery Awards
- Exploring the sciences with the Atlantic Science Links Association
- Staying connected: Peer support workers provide mental health advice and support
- A third dimension of innovation
- Dal researchers receive $4.8 million to collaborate on social sciences and humanities projects