Dalhousie Science in the News» Go to news main
Google Hangout: Watch and Listen, Our Great Big Hope for Canada's Whales
From coast to coast, Canada has some of the greatest diversity of whales on the planet. Many species were nearly wiped out from centuries of commercial whaling and their recovery remains fragile.
Check out this exclusive conversation with Tonya Wimmer, Manager, Species Conservation, WWF-Canada; Dr. Hal Whitehead, Professor, Dalhousie University; Janie Wray, Researcher, Cetacea Lab; Robert Michaud, Biologist. Watch the Google Hangout.
- A royal crew: Dal celebrates largestâever class of Royal Society of Canada honourees
- Innovation on the high seas
- Science connections
- Up close with the largest animal on Earth
- Making time to make a difference
- How a Dal mathematician is helping sort out Beatles songwriting disputes
- A century of specimens
- At home away from home