Dalhousie Science in the News» Go to news main
Google Hangout: Watch and Listen, Our Great Big Hope for Canada's Whales
From coast to coast, Canada has some of the greatest diversity of whales on the planet. Many species were nearly wiped out from centuries of commercial whaling and their recovery remains fragile.
Check out this exclusive conversation with Tonya Wimmer, Manager, Species Conservation, WWF-Canada; Dr. Hal Whitehead, Professor, Dalhousie University; Janie Wray, Researcher, Cetacea Lab; Robert Michaud, Biologist. Watch the Google Hangout.
- New giving society celebrates Dalhousie's most loyal donors
- Keeping it "200": Meet banner star Moe Karkada, medical sciences student
- Science students trek through Sri Lanka for a unique field experience
- Remembering Ransom "Ram" Myers, 25 years after the cod collapse
- Here's why your sustainable tuna is also unsustainable
- Dal hosts dignitaries from global "energy capitals"
- Discovering a new passion in plants
- Celebrating the next generation of scientists