Dalhousie Science in the News» Go to news main
Google Hangout: Watch and Listen, Our Great Big Hope for Canada's Whales
From coast to coast, Canada has some of the greatest diversity of whales on the planet. Many species were nearly wiped out from centuries of commercial whaling and their recovery remains fragile.
Check out this exclusive conversation with Tonya Wimmer, Manager, Species Conservation, WWF-Canada; Dr. Hal Whitehead, Professor, Dalhousie University; Janie Wray, Researcher, Cetacea Lab; Robert Michaud, Biologist. Watch the Google Hangout.
- Running the (lab) table: Dal researchers win big at 16th annual Discovery Awards
- Meet award‑winning Chemistry teacher Alison Thompson
- Hidden in plain sight: Dal evolutionary biologists uncover a new branch on the Tree of Life
- Settling a spirited "Great Debate"
- Perfectionists more likely to develop bulimia
- Linking Dal expertise and community teachers
- Diving into Ocean School
- Meet Dal's two new Schulich Leaders looking to make an impact