Dalhousie Science in the News» Go to news main
Google Hangout: Watch and Listen, Our Great Big Hope for Canada's Whales
From coast to coast, Canada has some of the greatest diversity of whales on the planet. Many species were nearly wiped out from centuries of commercial whaling and their recovery remains fragile.
Check out this exclusive conversation with Tonya Wimmer, Manager, Species Conservation, WWF-Canada; Dr. Hal Whitehead, Professor, Dalhousie University; Janie Wray, Researcher, Cetacea Lab; Robert Michaud, Biologist. Watch the Google Hangout.
- Quieter seas: Measuring noise reduction in the ocean during this pandemic
- Faculty of Science's Response to COVID‑19
- Joining forces
- SCIOGRAPHIES Q&A: ERIC OLIVER, OCEANOGRAPHER
- SCIOGRAPHIES Q&A: JOHN GOSSE, GEOLOGIST
- SCIGRAPHIES Q&A: Megan Bailey, Fisheries Economist
- SCIOGRAPHIES Q&A: EVOLUTIONARY BIOLOGIST ALASTAIR SIMPSON
- SCIOGRAPHIES Q&A: MATHEMATICIAN JASON BROWN