Dalhousie Science in the News» Go to news main
Scholarship Opportunity: The Transatlantic Ocean System Science and Technology Research School (TOSST)
The Transatlantic Ocean System Science & Technology Research School (TOSST) is looking for highly qualified and motivated undergraduate students to join our unique program! Candidates should have a minimum standard of quality (A- in the last two years), and their research interests and project need to match the TOSST program objectives (please consult www.tosst.org for details).
Successful candidates will receive a minimum scholarship of $7,500, plus a contribution for travel expenses as needed, to be held either at Dalhousie University, or at Kiel University / GEOMAR, during the summer or fall of 2014. Candidates will preferably be mentored by a current TOSST PhD student within their area of interest, or by a HOSST student in Kiel, Germany, or both.
Please submit the following items to the TOSST program coordinator, with the subject title, ‘TOSST undergraduate fellowship”, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin March 1st, 2014. Applicants must contact potential student or faculty supervisors prior to submitting their application.
Checklist of application materials:
- 1 page statement of interest specifically for TOSST (critical component of the application)
- 1 letter of recommendation from an academic referee (all recommendation letters will be verified, and must be sent directly from the referee to email@example.com, with the student name and TOSST in the subject line)
- Unofficial academic transcripts (transcripts must be in English) Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- SCIOGRAPHIES Q&A: ERIC OLIVER, OCEANOGRAPHER
- SCIOGRAPHIES Q&A: JOHN GOSSE, GEOLOGIST
- SCIGRAPHIES Q&A: Megan Bailey, Fisheries Economist
- SCIOGRAPHIES Q&A: EVOLUTIONARY BIOLOGIST ALASTAIR SIMPSON
- SCIOGRAPHIES Q&A: MATHEMATICIAN JASON BROWN
- SCIOGRAPHIES Q&A: MARINE BIOLOGIST SARA IVERSON
- Sciographies podcast shares the personal and professional stories of Dal scientists
- Volcano Watcher