News» Go to news main
MAP is celebrating 30 years of education, research and outreach
During the Dalhousie Homecoming 2017, the Marine Affairs Program will celebrate 30 years of the education, research and outreach to the global marine management community.
The celebration will begin with a panel discussion on Friday October 13, 2017 beginning at 3:00 pm at the Halifax Central Library. Made up of alumni from each decade, they will share their professional and personal journeys. Gary Walsh, Canadian Coast Guard, Justin Huston, Office of Aboriginal Affairs, and Brendal Townsend, Ocean Tracking Network will reflect on the challenges and successes in their marine management careers since graduating.
The celebration will continue on Friday evening with an alumni dinner at the Armdale Yacht Club.
- MAP Gold Award & MAP Millennium Prizes
- Making Waves 2019
- Sustainable Oceans 2019 ‑ One Ocean, Infinite Connections
- Building relationships for research in Nunatsiavut
- Aquaculture in Canada: partnering for a sustainable tomorrow
- Climate change and sustainable fish production in Europe
- Making Waves 2018: Marine Management student's research presentations
- Assessing Coastal Restoration Needs in Nunavut: DFO Coastal Restoration Fund Project Announced