Guidelines, Forms & Procedures
Faculty of Science Rules & Procedures
The Faculty of Science Rules and Procedures document (PDF) outlines rules for meetings; regulations concerning officers of the faculty; terms of reference for faculty council, standing committees and unit review committees; policy on research overhead; policy on appointments funded by outside sources; promotion and tenure; Killam Faculty of Science prizes; and appointments of chairs, deans, associate and assistant deans. Last updated June 2017.
Forms & Policies for Faculty
Review/submit annual reports online.
Guidelines and criteria [pdf] for tenure.
Application form [pdf] for conference travel support from the Dalhousie Faculty Association (DFA) Travel Fund.
Forms & Guidelines for Undergraduate Courses & Programs
Guidelines for Faculty of Science course syllabi. Available in two parts:
- Course Syllabus - Required Elements [pdf] (list of elements to be included in course syllabus). Last updated 5-June-2017
- Syllabus Supplement - Policies & Student Resources [pdf] (approved statements of university policies (e.g., academic integrity, accessibility) and links to student resources and services (e.g., advising, writing centre, health services, safety documents). Last updated 5-June-2017
New Course form
Guidelines and form [pdf] for proposing a new Faculty of Science course
Course change form
Guidelines and form [pdf] for submitting a course change request.
- Procedures and form [pdf] for proposing a new Faculty of Science Certificate
- Procedures and form [pdf] to request a change to an existing Certificate
- Procedures and form [pdf] for proposing a new Faculty of Science Minor
- Procedures and form [pdf] for requesting a change to an existing Minor
Forms & Policies for Your Students
Research and Travel
Award for Excellence in Teaching Nomination
Nominate a professor or instructor for the Excellence in Teaching Award. Download the nomination form.
Note: Posted forms are fillable pdf format. Fillable forms are available in WORD format from your Faculty of Science Curriculum Committee departmental representative.