1459 Oxford Street
PO BOX 15000
Halifax NS B3H 4R2
Life Sciences Centre
4th floor, Ocean Wing
- Marine Geology and Sedimentology
- Seismic interpretation
- Extreme events
MarGinS Lab - Marine Geology and Sedimentology Laboratory
My research activity is dedicated to the study of continental margins, and aims to:
- understand the processes controlling sediment transport, partitioning, accumulation and remobilization, in a source to sink perspective;
- decipher the signature of sea level, climate and tectonics from the sedimentary record;
- investigate the effects of extreme events on margin evolution;
- quantify the response, and feedback, of modern depositional systems to climate change.
My current study areas include offshore East and West Africa, UK Atlantic margin, Gulf of Mexico, Mediterranean Sea, offshore Brazil, and Australia.
- Ph.D. in Earth Sciences (Sedimentology and Marine Geology), University of Bologna (Italy), 2011.
- M.Sc. in Geophysics, University of Trieste (Italy), 2007.
- B.Sc. in Geology, University of Bologna (Italy), 2005.