The Basin and Reservoir Research Lab is multi-disciplinary. Professor Wach uses a research approach based on integrated, multi-disciplinary research themes:
- Basin and Field Analysis and Stratigraphy
- Outcrop Analogs, Core Studies, Geologic and Reservoir Modelling
- Reservoir Characterization and Provenance Studies
- Source Rock characterization and Paleoenvironmental interpretation
- Lobbied and initiated the first environmental geoscience award to recognize excellence in research and presentation for the Atlantic Universities Geologic Conference (AUGC), 2015
- Completed the first comprehensive overview of basins suitable for the storage of CO2 gas, 2014
- Hosted the first public screening in Canada of the movie "Switch" - a comprehensive review of energy challenges facing the world, 2014
Led by Professor Grant Wach, our research team applies industry standard technology to research problems in basin analysis, reservoir prediction, characterization and modelling.
In the Basin and Reservoir Lab, we aim to publish high quality research in internationally recognized peer-reviewed journals and international conferences.