Scholarships & Bursaries
There are various ways that a student can apply for academic awards and scholarships.
- Through their home Department/program: Departments and programs within the Faculty of Science may have additional awards (linked below).
- Through the Faculty of Science (FoS): The Faculty administers several award and scholarship programs for undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in FoS programs (listed below).
- Through the Registrar's Office: Many awards, scholarships and bursaries are available to new and continuing Dal Science students through the Registrar's Office.
Faculty of Science Awards and Scholarships
Faculty of Science Summer Research Scholarships (undergraduate)
The Faculty of Science administers a scholarship program that supports students interested in participating in a research project during the summer. Information and forms are available here.
Dalhousie-Bermuda Institute of Ocean Sciences (BIOS) Experiential Learning Fund
The Dal-BIOS Experiential Learning Fund provides financial support for Dalhousie students to participate in summer courses and research activities at the Bermuda Institute of Ocean Sciences (BIOS). Learn more about BIOS here.
- Scholarships for Summer Field Courses in Bermuda (undergraduates)
Scholarships are available each year for undergraduate students enrolled in Marine Biology or Ocean Sciences to take a summer field course at BIOS. Offerings vary from year to year, but usually include courses on coral reef ecology and oceanography. Interested students may download the Guidelines and Application form here.
- Sea Experience in Shipboard Oceanography (graduate students)
Scholarships are available for graduate students conducting thesis research in Marine Biology or Oceanography to participate in a 5-day Bermuda Atlantic Time-series Study (BATS) research cruise aboard the R/V Atlantic Explorer, along with scientists from BIOS. Participation must be coordinated with the student’s thesis supervisor at Dalhousie. Guidelines and Application form may be downloaded here.
Departmental Awards and Scholarships
Dalhousie University Scholarships and Bursaries (Registrar’s Office)
Scholarships and bursaries offered to FoS students through the Registrar's Office can be found in the current Academic Calendar.
Entrance awards are for students entering their first year of studies, and In-Course awards are for continuing students.
To learn more about different funding sources available to Dal students, review the Money Matters resource.