It is the responsibility of the Space Committee to ensure that all matters of space be addressed and resolved on a timely and ongoing basis. Specifically, the Committee will seek to equitably distribute office, laboratory, and storage space amongst faculty and staff.
- Conducting annual space audits to maintain up-to-date records of space use and occupancy.
- Reviewing those records to ensure space is allocated in accordance to the kind and level of activity currently undertaken by various members of the department.
- Meeting routinely to address task (b) and, on a per-need basis, to consider individual space requests.
- Ensuring that new members to the Department are allocated adequate and suitable space.
- Administrative Officer, Chair of the Space Committee
- One Faculty Member from the Instructor group (elected)
- Two Faculty Members from the Professorial group (elected)
- Chair of the Department (ex officio)