Committee of the Whole Membership (COW)
Committee of the Whole (COW) voting eligibilty requirements
- All full time and part-time (>50%) professors holding regular appointments.
- All full time and part time Instructors.
- All sessional Professors and Instructors in the academic year in which they are holding an appointment.
- All Emeritus Professors and those holding comparable post-retirement appointments.
- Honorary Adjunct Professors (or equivalent), as selected by those adjunct faculty present at the annual COW meeting, or who have been nominated for that purpose.
- All full time and part time support staff (technical and clerical) represented by the DSA.
- Seven graduate students nominated by BOGS.
- Five undergraduate student representatives as nominated by DABS.
- Five representatives of the post-doctoral fellows and similar non-permanent research staff.
- The departmental Administrative Officer.
In 1992, this constituted a COW voting population of about 80 persons. The quorum for the COW is 10 voting members.
COW Motion 747, October 1992.