Dalhousie's Faculty of Science isn't just an academic institution. It's also is a community of smart, welcoming people. There are many ways to get social and contribute.
- Join a Dalhousie Science Student Society. There is one for every science discipline.
- Apply for the Dalhousie Integrated Science Program (DISP). It gives first-year students the chance to learn in small groups. By the end of the year, most students know everyone in DISP.
- Register for the Summer Education & Applied Science Institute at Dalhousie in Ecology (SEASIDE). Classes are filled with trips and group work.
- Check out the Dalhousie Student Union (DSU). It hosts events and has volunteer opportunities to keep you busy and engaged.
- Attend department seminars. You'll meet professors and other students in your program.
- Remember that since Dalhousie is the smallest of Canada's research-intensive universities, classes are smaller than at other universities. This makes for a more relaxed and interactive classroom and lab experience.
For more information on how to get involved, visit the campus life webpage.