News» Go to news main
Michelle Adams appointed SRES director
Michelle Adams has been appointed director of the School for Resource and Environmental Studies, effective July 1, 2019. This follows a year serving as interim director.
"Dr. Adams has done an outstanding job in the interim role," says Vivian Howard, interim dean of the Faculty of Management. "Her proven record of educational leadership, advocacy skills and strategic vision for SRES make her an excellent choice for this position."
Adams' research focuses on green technologies and renewable energy solutions and considering the impact of industry on the cultural, economic and social aspects of society.
"It is an honour and a privilege to be granted the opportunity to serve the SRES community in this way,” Adams says. “SRES has been at the forefront of environmental stewardship and sustainability education for 40+ years—and the contributions to knowledge and student development in this area have never been more necessary. I plan to continue to support and draw attention to the great things this wonderful unit does.”
- Michelle Adams appointed SRES director
- Getting in touch: MREM student invites you to text a tree
- Grad profile: Rebranding and self‑discovery in environmental management
- Environmental advocacy in Dal’s ‘golden little gem’
- Taking energy enthusiasm to the highest level
- Investing in sustainability
- Seeking community support for Sable Islands Vulnerable Ecosystems
- "Nothing will get done if we don't do it." Student activist Tina Oh wins prestigious Brower Youth Award