Peter H. Tyedmers
6100 University Ave, Suite 5010,
PO Box 15000
Halifax, NS B3H 4R2
- Industrial sustainability
- Life cycle assessment
- Ecological economics
- Carbon footprint
- Ecosystem services
College of Sustainability, 2013-2016
Environmental Science Program, 2015-2018
- BSc, University of Waterloo
- LLB, University of British Columbia
- PhD, University of British Columbia
Professor Tyedmers’ (he/him) research interests include better understanding and improving the sustainability of food systems, the sustainability implications of lifestyle choices and the impact of technological substitutions. He is particularly motivated to critically examine choices that we make in the name of sustainability to help ensure that we are indeed moving in a positive direction.
- Ziegler, F., P. Tyedmers and R.W.R. Parker (accepted Feb 1, 2022) Methods Matter: Improved practices for environmental evaluation of dietary patterns. Global Environmental Change.
- Tonning, K.A., S.M. Budge, P. Tyedmers (2021) Overwinter Changes in the Lipid Profile of Young-of-the-Year Striped Bass (Morone saxatilis) in Freshwater Ponds. Biomolecules. 11: 1678.
- Gephart, J.A., P.J.G. Henriksson, R.W.R. Parker, A. Shepon, K.D. Gorospe, K. Bergman, G. Eshel, C.D. Golden, B.S. Halpern, S. Hornborg, M. Jonell, M. Metian, K. Mifflin, R. Newton, P. Tyedmers, W. Zhang, F. Ziegler, M. Troell (2021) Environmental performance of blue foods. Nature. 597:360-365
- Drew, J., S.D. Christie, P. Tyedmers, J. Smith-Forrester, D. Rainham (2021) Operating in a climate crisis: A state of the science review of life cycle assessment within surgical services. Environmental Health Perspectives.
- Wilson, T., T. Tai, W. Cheung, S. Cooley, P. Tyedmers (2020) Potential socioeconomic impacts from ocean acidification and climate change effects on Atlantic Canadian fisheries. PLOS One.
- Tlusty, M.F., P. Tyedmers, M. Bailey, F. Ziegler, P.J.G. Henriksson, C. Béné, S. Bush, R. Newton, F. Asche, D.C. Little, B. Belton, M. Troell, M. Jonell (2019) Reframing the sustainable seafood narrative. Global Environmental Change. 59:101991
- Hallström, E., K. Bergman, K. Mifflin, R. Parker, P. Tyedmers, M. Troell, F. Ziegler (2019) Combined climate and nutritional performance of seafoods. Journal of Cleaner Production. 230:402-411.
- Parker, R.W.R., J.L. Blanchard, C. Gardner, B.S. Green, K. Hartmann, P.H. Tyedmers & R. A. Watson (2018) Fuel Use and Greenhouse Gas Emissions of World Fisheries. Nature Climate Change. 8: 333-337.
Selected awards and honours
- 2008 Teaching Excellence Award, Faculty of Management, Dalhousie University
- SUST 3000 Global Environmental Decision-Making (with Kate Sherren)
- ENVI 5031/MGMT 4031 Economics for Resource and Environmental Management
- ENVI 5205/MGMT 4205 Law and Policy for Resource and Environmental Management