6100 University Ave, Suite 5010,
PO Box 15000
Halifax, NS B3H 4R2
- Industrial sustainability
- Renewable energy
- Industrial ecology
- Industrial symbiosis
- Resource efficiency
- Sustainable development
- Public engagement
- BEng, Royal Military College of Canada
- MASc, Royal Military College of Canada
- PhD, Dalhousie University
Professor Adams’ work focuses on the policies, strategies and technologies that can improve the sustainability of both industry and the communities they intersect. The emphasis is to support regional sustainability through the integration of green technologies, renewable energy, and sustainability strategies applicable within the specific cultural, economic and social context.
- MacGregor, M., Adams, M., Duinker, P. (2014). Woodland owners' attitudes towards energy from forest biomass in a carbon-intensive jurisdiction: Case study of Nova Scotia, Canada. Renewable Energy 68:611-617.
- Adams, M., Comber, S. (2013). Knowledge Transfer for Sustainable Innovation: A Model for Academic-Industry Interaction to Improve Resource Efficiency within SME Manufacturers. Journal of Innovation Management in Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises, Vol (2013). DOI: 10.5171/2013.999612
- Adams, M., Quinonez, P., Côté, R. (2011). Management and Capacity Development for Eco-Efficiency Programming within Ecopetrol S.A. Bogota, Colombia.
- Adams, M., Wheeler, D., Woolston, G (2011). A Participatory Approach to Sustainable Energy Strategy Development in a Carbon-Intensive Jurisdiction: Case of Nova Scotia. Energy Policy 39: 2550-2559
- Adams, M., Wheeler, D. (2009). A New Renewable Energy Strategy for Nova Scotia. Prepared for the Nova Scotia Department of Energy, Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Selected awards and honours
- Faculty of Management Award - Exceptional Interdisciplinary Endeavors in Scholarly Research
- ENVI5044/BUSI6044: Patterns for Sustainable Industrial Development
- ENVI5505: Biophysical Dimensions of Resource and Environmental Management
- MGMT3702: Resource/Environmental Problem Solving: Sustainable Industries
- MGMT2702: Resource and Environmental Management
Service & Activity
- Expert Panel – Council of Canadian Academies
- Licensed Member of Engineers Nova Scotia
- Research Fellow - Verschuren Centre for Sustainability in Energy and the Environment