Professor, Director, Agri-Food Analytics Lab and Former Dean of the Faculty of Management
6100 University Avenue, PO Box 15000
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada B3H 4R2
- Food distribution
- Food policy
- Food safety
- Food security
- BComm (Royal Military College)
- MBA (Research) (UQAM)
- DBA (University of Sherbrooke)
Dr. Charlebois conducts research in the broad area of food distribution, security and safety. He has written four books and many peer-reviewed and scientific articles—over 500 during his career. His research has been featured in newspapers that include The Economist, New York Times, Boston Globe, Wall Street Journal, Foreign Affairs, Globe & Mail, National Post and Toronto Star.
- Charlebois, S., B. Sterling, J. Music, S. Somogyi (2020). Edibles and Canadian consumers’ willingness to consider recreational cannabis in food or beverage products: A second assessment, Trends in Food Science & Technology, 10.1016/j.tifs.2019.12.025
- Wang, Ou, S. Somogyi, S. Charlebois (2020). Food choice in the e-commerceera: A comparison between B2C, O2O and New Retail, British Food Journal, https://doi.org/10.1108/BFJ-09-2019-0682
- Charlebois, S., J. Music, C. Cunningham, S. Somogyi (2019). Biotechnology in
- Food: Canadian Attitudes towards Genetic Engineering in both Plant- and Animal-based Foods, British Food Journal. https://doi.org/10.1108/BFJ-07-2018-0471
- Charlebois, S., B. Sterling, P. Medeiros (2019). Perceptions and plans of
- Canadian food and beverage businesses regarding cannabis as a food ingredient, International Journal of Industrial Marketing, 4(1), ISSN 2161-3066.
- Zanabria, R., Racicot, M., Charlebois, S., Leroux, A., Xucen, L., Cormier, M., Ferrouillet, C., ... & Gill, T. (2019). Source attribution at the food sub-product level for the development of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency risk assessment model, International Journal of Food Microbiology, 108241.
- Charlebois, S., Cunningham, C., Caron, I., Music, J., & Somogyi, S. (2019). A Review of Food Recalls in Canada: A Nationwide Survey. Food Protection Trends, 39(4), 317-325.
- Charlebois, S., S. Somogyi, C. Cunningham, S. Kirk, (2019). Fragmented food habits and the disintegration of traditional meal patterns: a challenge to public health nutrition?, Journal of International Food & Agribusiness Marketing, https://doi.org/10.1080/08974438.2019.1599750.
- Charlebois, S., J. Music (2019). Grocery experience survey: A Canadian perspective on service, product and management specifies, Journal of Food Studies, 8 (2), ISSN 1927-0887, E-ISSN 1927-0895.
Selected Awards and Honours
- Researcher of the Year, Faculty of Management, Dalhousie University.
- 2015 Bill Braithwaite MBA Distinguished Professorial Award , University of Guelph
- 2012 Emerald Lit Award for Highly Commended Research
- 2008 Emerald Lit Award for Highly Commended Research