Professor; Director, MacEachen Institute for Public Policy & Governance
- PhD (Queen's University Belfast)
- MSc (London School of Economics)
- BA Honours (Queen's)
I specialize in public sector risk and crisis management, strategic management and critical infrastructure protection and am particularly interested in research methods that employ interdisciplinary and comparative approaches.
Selected Awards and Honours
- 2019 - 2021 Multidisciplinary Analysis and Training to Evacuation from Coastal Floods (Defence Research Development Canada). Project Manager.
- 2015-2022 Terrorism, Security and Society. SSHRC Partnership Grant. Co-investigator.
- Shortlisted for the 2017 Donner Prize for the Best Book by a Canadian in Public Policy, Too critical to fail: How Canada manages threats to critical infrastructure
- Strengthening the Resilience of the Canadian Water Sector (2018) Quigley, K., Moncrieff-Gould, G., Burns, C. MacEachen Institute for Public Policy and Governance.
- Examining government cross-platform engagement in social media: Instagram vs Twitter and the big lift project. (2018) Gruzd, A., Lannigan, J., Quigley, K. Government Information Quarterly. Advance online publication. doi: 10.1016/j.giq.2018.09.005.
- Too critical to fail: How Canada manages threats to critical infrastructure. Quigley, K., Bisset, B. & Mills, B. Montreal: McGill-Queen's University Press (2017) shortlisted for the 2017 Donner Prize for the Best Book by a Canadian in Public Policy
- Operationalising the Social Amplification of Risk Framework through Causal Loop Diagrams: Case Studies of Twitter and Health Risk Events. Comrie, E., Burns, C., coulson, A., Quigley, J. and Quigley, K. European Journal of Operational Research. (2018)
- 'Set adrift': Fatalism as organizational culture at Canadian seaports Quigley, K. & B. Mills. Journal of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, 13(1), 191-218 (2016)
- Risk refined at the science-policy interface: The International Risk Governance Framework applied to different classes of coastal zone risks Quigley, K. & Porter K. In B. MacDonald, E. De Santo, S. Soomai, & P. Wells (eds.), Science, Information, and Policy Interface for Effective Coastal and Ocean Management. Boca Raton: CRC Press (2016)
- Pre-existing condition: Taking media coverage into account when preparing for H1N1 Quigley, K., Macdonald, C., & Quigley, J. Canadian Public Administration, 45(2), 267-288 (2016)
- 'Cyber gurus’: A rhetorical analysis of the language of cybersecurity specialists and the implications for security policy and critical infrastructure protection Quigley, K., Burns, C., & Stallard, K. Government Information Quarterly, 32(2), 108-117 (2015)
- PUAD 5120 - Policy Formulation in Canada
- PUAD 6830 - Projects Course