Professor; Director, MacEachen Institute for Public Policy & Governance
- PhD (Queen's University Belfast)
- MSc (London School of Economics)
- BA Honours (Queen's)
I specialize in public sector risk and crisis management, strategic management and critical infrastructure protection and am particularly interested in research methods that employ interdisciplinary and comparative approaches.
Selected Awards and Honours
- 2016-2017 Evacuating the Halifax Peninsula: Multidisciplinary Training and Analysis to Improve Evacuation from Coastal Floods. Marine Environmental Observation, Prediction and Response (MEOPAR) Grant. Principal Investigator.
- 2015-2022 Terrorism, Security and Society. SSHRC Partnership Grant. Co-investigator.
- 2015-2018 Adapting to Vulnerabilities in the Transportation System's Critical Infrastructure: Drawing Lessons for Risk Governance from the Re-decking of the Macdonald Suspension Bridge in Halifax. Insight Grant. SSHRC. Principal Investigator.
- 2015-2017 Strengthening the Resilience of the Canadian Water Sector.Centre for Security Science Program (Defence Research Development Canada). Lead Partner: Canadian Water & Wastewater Association. Partner; Co-investigator.
- Too critical to fail: How Canada manages threats to critical infrastructure. Quigley, K., Bisset, B. & Mills, B. Montreal: McGill-Queen's University Press (2017)
- 'Set adrift': Fatalism as organizational culture at Canadian seaports Quigley, K. & B. Mills. Journal of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, 13(1), 191-218 (2016)
- Risk refined at the science-policy interface: The International Risk Governance Framework applied to different classes of coastal zone risks Quigley, K. & Porter K. In B. MacDonald, E. De Santo, S. Soomai, & P. Wells (eds.), Science, Information, and Policy Interface for Effective Coastal and Ocean Management. Boca Raton: CRC Press (2016)
- Pre-existing condition: Taking media coverage into account when preparing for H1N1 Quigley, K., Macdonald, C., & Quigley, J. Canadian Public Administration, 45(2), 267-288 (2016)
- 'Cyber gurus’: A rhetorical analysis of the language of cybersecurity specialists and the implications for security policy and critical infrastructure protection Quigley, K., Burns, C., & Stallard, K. Government Information Quarterly, 32(2), 108-117 (2015)
- MGMT 6745 - Risk Analysis and Management in the Public Sector
- PUAD 5120 - Policy Formulation in Canada