Selected Awards and Honours
- 2006-2010 E-Government and Service Transformation in Canada (principal investigator), Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council
- Roy, J. (2017). Smart Cities in Canada: An Examination of Progress and Impediments in Halifax, Canada. Smart City and Service Innovation: Lessons on implementing governance in co-production (Special Issue of the International Journal of Services, Technology and Management).
- Roy, J. (2016). Data, Dialogue, and Innovation: Opportunities and Challenges for “Open Government”. Journal of Innovation Management 4 (1).
- Roy, J., (2016). Mobility and Service Innovation: A Critical Examination of Opportunities and Challenges for Governments in Canada. International Journal of Public Administration in the Digital Age 3 (4).
- Roy, J., (2016). Apple & Encryption: Politicizing Privacy & Security in a Mobile Age. Canadian Government Executive (May issue). Ottawa: Navatar Press.
- Roy, J., (2014). Secrecy, Security & Digital Literacy in an Era of Meta-Data: Why the Canadian Westminster Model Falls Short. Intelligence and National Security. .
- Roy, J., (2014). Open Data and Open Governance in Canada: A Critical Examination of New Opportunities and Old Tensions. Future Internet Journal 6 (3).
- Roy, J., (2014). Cloud Computing and Gov 2.0: Traditionalism or Transformation across the Canadian Public Sector? International Journal of Public Administration in the Digital Age 1 (1).
- Gruzd, A. and Roy, J., (2014). Investigating Political Polarization on Twitter: A Canadian Perspective. Policy & Internet 6(1).
- Roy, J., (2013). From Machinery to Mobility: Government and Democracy in a Participative Age. Springer: New York.
- PUAD 3810 - Government Policy Toward Business
- BUSI 6009 - Business and Government
- PUAD 6500 - Business and Government
- PUAD 6555 - Management of Information (E-Government) and Public Administration
- ECMM 6026 - Management of Information (E-Government): International Experiences and Perspectives