» Go to news main
SIM Professor and Student Awarded OER Grant
Dr. Mike Smit (SIM Professor) and Lachlan MacLeod (Dalhousie Libraries, MI student) were awarded an Open Educational Resource Grant for their project “Research Data Management in the Canadian Context: A Guide for Practitioners and Learners“.
They are part of a national collaborative project to leverage the expertise of Canadian librarians, data managers, and other experts to provide a comprehensive, bilingual, peer-reviewed textbook introducing readers to managing research data. This book will, among other things, serve as a replacement textbook for the MI course INFO 6290: Managing Research Data.
This grant is offered in partnership between the Dalhousie Centre for Learning and Teaching, and Dalhousie Libraries through the support of Dalhousie’s Strategic Initiatives Funding.
Congrats Mike and Lachlan!
- Mansi Nishit Trivedi Awarded the 2022 Stephanie Downs Memorial Award
- Happy Retirement to Dean of Libraries (& SIM Alum) Donna Bourne‑Tyson
- SIM Professors Win Data Champions Competition
- Job Postings: Part‑Time Academic (Fall 2022 & Winter 2023)
- Finding a pathway to mid‑life career shift: Jason Swinamer
- Finding what she needs: Poppy Riddle
- Job Posting: Part‑Time Academic (Summer 2022)
- Cabot Yu: Inaugural SIM Professional‑in‑Residence