» Go to news main
SIM Professor and Student Awarded OER Grant
Dr. Mike Smit (SIM Professor) and Lachlan MacLeod (Dalhousie Libraries, MI student) were awarded an Open Educational Resource Grant for their project “Research Data Management in the Canadian Context: A Guide for Practitioners and Learners“.
They are part of a national collaborative project to leverage the expertise of Canadian librarians, data managers, and other experts to provide a comprehensive, bilingual, peer-reviewed textbook introducing readers to managing research data. This book will, among other things, serve as a replacement textbook for the MI course INFO 6290: Managing Research Data.
This grant is offered in partnership between the Dalhousie Centre for Learning and Teaching, and Dalhousie Libraries through the support of Dalhousie’s Strategic Initiatives Funding.
Congrats Mike and Lachlan!
- MLIS alumna wins 2023 RBC/PEN Canada’s New Voices Award
- Job Postings: Part‑Time Academics (Fall 2023)
- Charlie Hook (MI ’23) on her upcoming PhD Program at the University of Leicester
- Alison Brown Featured in 2023 Dalhousie ‘Open Think’ Initiative
- Job Posting: Part‑Time Academics (Summer 2023)
- MLIS Graduate Chosen as 2023 Black Changemaker
- Dal SIM Appoints Two New Professors Emeriti
- Dr. Colin Conrad on his new role as Interim Director (Master of Digital Innovation)