» Go to news main
Tanja Harrison: The 2021 Outstanding Alumni Award Winner
Dalhousie University’s School of Information Management (SIM) Alumni Association is pleased to recognize Tanja Harrison (MLIS ’96) with the 2021 Outstanding Alumni Award. This annual award honours a member who has made an outstanding contribution to Library and Information Management.
Tanja graduated from SIM in 1996 and is a member of Beta Phi Mu International Honours Society. Since her graduation, Tanja has held a variety of roles including Adjunct Professor at DalSIM, Liaison Librarian at Acadia University, University Librarian at NSCAD, and, most recently, as University Librarian at Mount Saint Vincent University, a role she’s held for almost 10 years. Tanja is also an active member of various professional associations and groups. During her career, she has held positions with Novanet, the Council of Atlantic University Libraries (CAUL), the Atlantic Provinces Library Association (APLA), and the Halifax Library Association. In June, she received the APLA Merit Award.
Tanja’s research interests include the history of libraries and library association in the Maritime Provinces with a particular focus on the women represented in the founding of APLA and the HLA. Her ongoing participation in Ex Libris has “provided a voice and raised awareness of library activities in the maritime region.
[Image source: Linkedin]
- Charlie Hook (MI ’23) on her upcoming PhD Program at the University of Leicester
- Alison Brown Featured in 2023 Dalhousie ‘Open Think’ Initiative
- Job Posting: Part‑Time Academics (Summer 2023)
- MLIS Graduate Chosen as 2023 Black Changemaker
- Dal SIM Appoints Two New Professors Emeriti
- Dr. Colin Conrad on his new role as Interim Director (Master of Digital Innovation)
- Job Posting: Two Limited‑Term Faculty in SIM
- Diverse Career Paths: An Ottawa Alumni Gathering