» Go to news main
Job Posting: SIM Professional in Residence
Professional in Residence, 2021-2022
Call for expressions of interest
The School of Information Management (SIM) is seeking expressions of interest for a Professional in Residence (PIR) for the 2021-2022 academic year. This person will coach Master of Information (MI) students in the development of professional skills needed to launch their careers. The PIR can engage with students virtually, so the opportunity is open to qualified candidates in any location (not limited to the Halifax area).
Time commitment: A maximum of 5 hours/week for the 12-week fall and winter terms (September-December 2021 and January-April 2022).
- Delivery of at least one professional development workshop each term on topics such as preparing professional cover letters/resumes and preparing for job interviews.
- Organizing a mock interview competition in the winter term (with help from SIM admin).
- Availability for drop-in office hours (online or virtual) and individual student consultations (approximately 2 hours/week).
- Availability to review and provide feedback on student cover letters and resumes.
- MLIS degree or similar.
- Currently working or recently retired from the Information Management profession (any area/field).
- Experience with the following is an asset: human resource management, education, developing and delivering professional development events and programs, mentoring, advising.
Please provide a written expression of interest explaining why this opportunity appeals to you. Letters should be sent to Janet Music, MI Program Coordinator, by April 30th, 2021 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Honorarium: $3000 per term (a total of $6000)
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Aboriginal people, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit www.dal.ca/hiringfordiversity.
- Job Posting: SIM Professional in Residence
- Louise Spiteri appointed to ALISE EDI Taskforce
- Job Postings: Limited‑Term Appointments (2)
- Louise Spiteri elected Interim Chair of Dalhousie Senate
- SIM Research Day 2021: Call for Presenters
- Siobhan Wiggans chosen as the 2020 recipient of the Dalhousie‑Horrocks National Leadership Fund
- Job Postings: Part‑Time Academic (3), Summer 2021
- SIM faculty awarded Dean’s Collaborative Grants