» Go to news main
SIM Professor Awarded SSHRC Insight Grant
Congrats to Dr. Mike Smit (SIM Associate Professor) on receiving a SSHRC insight grant! Dalhousie researchers received a total of $2.4 million in funding for various social sciences and humanities projects.
From the announcement: The funding is being awarded through grants from the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC), one of the three federal granting councils responsible for supporting the researchers and scholars who are strengthening science and evidence-based decision-making, while nurturing a culture of curiosity in Canada.
The announcement was made on May 28 at the University of Regina by the Honourable Kirsty Duncan, Minister of Science and Minister of Sport and Persons with Disabilities. Over 800 research projects across Canada received more than $158 million in funding. This is the largest investment in fundamental research in Canadian history through Budget 2018.
“Thanks to the work of the hundreds of researchers being recognized today, Canadians can gain a better understanding of the world we live in,” says Minister Duncan in a news release. “It is my honour to support these talented researchers and help them push the boundaries of knowledge that will mean a better environment, better health, better society, and a better economy for all Canadians.
- Jill Liu Awarded the 2019 Stephanie Downs Memorial Award
- Job Postings (5): Part‑time Academic
- Job Postings (3): Part‑time Academic
- Grad profile: “The world is my oyster!”
- Job Posting: Lecturer or Assistant Professor (SIM)
- Job Posting: Assistant Professor (term position)
- Job Posting: Part‑Time Academic INFO 6500 ‑ Community Led Services
- Job Posting: Part‑Time Academic INFO 6090 ‑ Culture of Privacy