» Go to news main
Rebekah Prette Receives Faculty Leadership Award
On March 7th, 2018 the 7th annual Dalhousie Student Impact Awards gala was held. The Dalhousie IMPACT Awards is an annual event hosted by the Dalhousie Student Union in collaboration with Dalhousie University, to recognize outstanding individuals and student groups that impact our community.
Rebekah Prette, MLIS student and current Chair of the School of Information Management Student Association (SIMSA) received the Faculty of Management Leadership Award.
Faculty Leadership awards are given "to a student in good academic standing in each Dalhousie faculty. These students exemplify the highest level of passion for their discipline, take initiative in creating new opportunities, and encourage their peers to engage in faculty initiatives. Faculty Leadership Award winners positively impact other students in their faculty and the reputation of their faculty at Dalhousie outside of the classroom."
Read the full recap of the gala and award winners here.
[Photo: Dr. Sylvain Charlebois (Dean, Faculty of Management); Rebekah Prette. Credit: S. Toze]
- Job Posting: Lecturer, Assistant Professor or Associate Professor (SIM)
- MLIS Alumna Appointed CEO/Chief Librarian, Brantford Public Library
- FoM Research Buzz: Louise Spiteri
- MLIS Alumna Appointed New Scholarly Communications Librarian
- Fiona Black: The 2018 Outstanding Alumni Award Winner
- MLIS Alumna Appointed New Interim AUL Resources & Head of Sexton Library
- Laura Little Awarded the 2018 Stephanie Downs Memorial Award
- MLIS Alumna Organizes Correctional Facility Book Club