» Go to news main
Congratulations on another successful IWB Conference
Congratulations to the Information Without Borders Conference team for a very successful and educational event! This annual conference has been organized by our MLIS (Master of Library and Information Studies) students for more than 10 years.
The 2018 IWB Committee is:
- Co-Chairs – Diana Castillo & Kim Mortimer
- Programming Chairs – Adrienne Colborne & Laura Little
- Logistics Chairs – Christine Cousins & Ellie Bernard-Wesson
- Web & Communications Chairs – Alicia Whidden & Tobbi Dyer
- Finance & Fundraising Chairs – Crystal Vaughan & JP Pineo
- Registration Chairs – Cassandra Larose & Samantha Adema
On Tuesday, February 13th, attendees gathered at the McInnes Room in the Dalhousie Student Union Building to hear various talks related to the theme of “Information in Mass Media”. The Opening Keynote was given by Dr. Victoria Rubin and explored “The Disinformation Triangle: An Epidemiology of ‘Fake News'”. Breakout sessions included poetry with El Jones and Janice Cruddas, and fan culture with Jennifer Grek Martin (SIM Lecturer). The Closing Keynote was entitled “Media Manipulation, Misinformation Online, and the Role of Library and Information Professionals” by Dr. Tami Oliphant.
Here’s to another fascinating conference in 2019!
- MLIS Alumna Appointed New Scholarly Communications Librarian
- Fiona Black: The 2018 Outstanding Alumni Award Winner
- MLIS Alumna Appointed New Interim AUL Resources & Head of Sexton Library
- Laura Little Awarded the 2018 Stephanie Downs Memorial Award
- MLIS Alumna Organizes Correctional Facility Book Club
- Learning to Expect the Unexpected
- MLIS Alumnus Spearheads Airport Library Project
- Call for Instructors: MIM Program (Program Evaluation)