News» Go to news main
Heather Berringer: The 2017 Dal SIM Outstanding Alumni Award winner
Dalhousie University’s School of Information Management has recognized Heather Berringer of the University of British Columbia with the 2017 Outstanding Alumni Award. This annual award honours a member who has made an outstanding contribution to Library and Information Management.
Heather is the Chief Librarian at the University of British Columbia (UBC) Okanagan Campus, and an Associate University Librarian at UBC Library. Throughout her time with UBC, Heather has demonstrated outstanding leadership skills and established strategic relationships within the university and the wider community. Under her leadership, the library developed a Writing and Research Services Unit, an Inclusive Technology Lab, and recently launched a multi-million dollar building expansion.
Heather’s collaborative and inclusive approach to librarianship has led to many successful community partnerships, including the UBC Innovation Library, which is embedded in the Kelowna branch of Okanagan Regional Library, a Leader in Residence Program, and the Okanagan Region Historical Digitization Project.
In the words of one of her many supporters, through Heather’s efforts UBC’s Okanagan Campus Library “has become a stand-out success, valued by students and faculty alike as a centerpiece of the University’s education and research activity in the Okanagan, and engaged with communities on terms that those communities value.” Her determination, sense of humor, and accomplishments make her an outstanding alumna of the School of Information Management.
SIMAA invites you to join us in congratulating Heather on her award at the SIMAA Welcome Reception on September 27th, 2017 at the Kenneth C. Rowe Management Building, Rm 3089. An invitation with RSVP will follow.
- Alberta Letts Award Winners Discuss Conference Presentations
- Heather Berringer: The 2017 Dal SIM Outstanding Alumni Award winner
- Journeys Through the Past
- Part‑Time Academic Posting: INFO 6300
- Job Posting: Tenure‑Track Lecturer or Professor (Information Management)
- Three SIM Faculty Receive University‑Wide Teaching Awards
- Donna Bourne‑Tyson Named President of the Canadian Association of Research Libraries (CARL)
- SIM Alumna/Lecturer Earns Research Award