» Go to news main
Job Posting: Assistant Director of the Bachelor of Management Program/Lecturer or Assistant Professor of Information Management
School of Information Management/Faculty of Management
Assistant Director of the Bachelor of Management Program/Lecturer or Assistant Professor of Information Management
The Faculty of Management and the School of Information Management (SIM) invite applications for a three-year limited term appointment in the School of Information Management at the rank of lecturer or assistant professor (dependent upon qualifications) and as Assistant Director of the Bachelor of Management program commencing July 1, 2017.
Required qualifications, experience and skills:
- A master’s degree in MLIS, education or a related field
- Demonstrated knowledge in a core area within the field of Information Management (see below)
- An established record of teaching excellence
- Experience teaching at both the undergraduate and graduate level
- Demonstrated knowledge, skill and expertise in academic administration, project management, and/or curriculum development.The ability to draft concept papers and program proposal documents for Senate submission and MPHEC review and approval
- The ability to take the lead in course development and delivery and coordination of team teaching for two new introductory interdisciplinary management courses
- The ability to provide administrative/program support to the Academic Director of Undergraduate Programs, the Associate Dean (Academic) and the Bachelor of Management program committee in the implementation of the newly revised Bachelor of Management program
- Prior professional and instructional experience relevant for teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels in the following areas:
- Data management: curation, preservation, and visualization
- Enterprise information management
- Interdisciplinary Management and Leadership
- New and emerging media
- User centred design
Preferred qualifications, experience and skills:
- A PhD (completed or in progress) in MLIS, education or a related field
- Experience with online tools and pedagogy
- Experience with team teaching
The Faculty of Management is an interdisciplinary faculty which includes three schools in addition to SIM: the Rowe School of Business (RSB), the School of Public Administration (SPA), and the School for Resource and Environmental Studies (SRES). The Bachelor of Management program is an innovative and interdisciplinary program that combines information management, environmental resource management, public administration and business, and is taught collaboratively by the four schools.
As well as contributing core and elective courses in the Bachelor of Management Program, SIM offers two graduate programs: the American Library Association-accredited Master of Library and Information Studies (MLIS) program, and the mid-career online Master of Information Management (MIM) program.
Information about the Bachelor of Management Program can be found at https://www.dal.ca/faculty/management/current-students/bmgmt.html, and information about SIM can be found at http://sim.management.dal.ca.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Aboriginal people, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community.
Applicants should send a letter of application that outlines how their skills and expertise align with the criteria for the position, a C.V., copies of previous teaching evaluations, and a statement of their teaching philosophy. Applications must also include a completed Self-Identification Questionnaire, which is available at www.dal.ca/becounted/selfid. Applications should be sent in confidence to Ms. Miriam Breslow at email@example.com or Room 3060, Kenneth C. Rowe Management Building, Dalhousie University, 6100 University Avenue, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada B3H 4R2 no later than May 23rd, 2017. (Electronic applications are preferred.)
- Part‑Time Academic Posting (BMgmt Program)
- Expanding the Classroom Beyond the Lecture (Vivian Howard)
- My Conference Experience: International Association of Aquatic & Marine Science Librarians & Info Centers
- Part‑Time Academic Postings (Winter & Summer 2018)
- MLIS Students Present Their Research at Right to Know Symposium
- Part‑Time Academic Postings (Winter 2018)
- Scarlett Kelly: A Summer of Research in France
- Rebecca Shaw Chosen as the 2017 Recipient of the Dalhousie‑Horrocks National Leadership Fund